The Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science
Thank you for visiting us!
Our mission is to help collaborating health systems deliver better, more efficient care, and to learn about the science of health care delivery in the process. We are grateful for the opportunity to conduct this important work thanks to the generosity of Mr. Norbert Gehr, a successful businessman who supported us to start the Center.
Michael Hochman, MD, MPH
Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science
Gehr Center hiring new faculty member. Click here for details.
• Consumer reports piece on overuse of medications quotes Gehr Center director Michael Hochman, MD, MPH.
• Gehr student innovators present their projects at a final symposium Attached PDF
• Gehr Center director Michael Hochman, MD, MPH, publishes editorial on complex case management.
• Rusha Modi, MD, MPH publishes blog piece explaining the growing challenges in academic medicine.
• The American Heart Association’s Annual 5K at the Rose Bowl will be on Saturday September 23. This year we will be raising funds in honor of our Founder, David Goldstein. You may join our team or donate here!
• Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas addresses the Gehr Center about the future of healthcare reform in Los Angeles County. See video of event here.
Welmoed Van Deen PhD, MD, wins team building grant aimed at understanding the optimal design of performance dashboards in the healthcare setting.