The Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science
Thank you for visiting us!
Our mission is to help collaborating health systems deliver better, more efficient care, and to learn about the science of health care delivery in the process. We are grateful for the opportunity to conduct this important work thanks to the generosity of Mr. Norbert Gehr, a successful businessman who supported us to start the Center.
Michael Hochman, MD, MPH
Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science
Gehr Center hiring new faculty member. Click here for details.
• Gehr Affiliate Lello Tesema, MD, was featured on NPR about innovations in jail health services in Los Angeles County. Dr. Tesema, along with other Gehr faculty, recently received a grant to study a protocol for managing patients admitted to jail who are intoxicated.
• An editorial in the Journal of General Internal Medicine by Gehr Center director Michael Hochman explores how electronic health records are faltering.
• A new research article co-authored by Gehr faculty member Welmoed Van Deen describes a consensus list of patient-reported outcomes for inflammatory bowel disease.
• The Gehr Center announces its new “affiliates” program. Here’s the application if you are interested in learning more about how to become more involved with the Gehr Center!
• Peter Long, PhD, President and CEO of the Blue Shield of California Foundation, to speak at the Gehr Center on February 5.