The Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science
Thank you for visiting us!
Our mission is to help collaborating health systems deliver better, more efficient care, and to learn about the science of health care delivery in the process. We are grateful for the opportunity to conduct this important work thanks to the generosity of Mr. Norbert Gehr, a successful businessman who supported us to start the Center.
Michael Hochman, MD, MPH
Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science
Gehr Center hiring new faculty member. Click here for details.
• Gehr faculty member Albert Farias, PhD, MPH, won a USC James H. Zumberg Faculty Research and Innovation Fund Diversity and Inclusion Grant to support his project: “Assessing racial/ethnic disparities in quality of care among Medicare colorectal cancer survivors.”
• A new STAT piece by Gehr Center affiliate Lello Tesema, MD, sheds light on barriers to healthcare for deported veterans.
• Gehr faculty member Albert Farias, MPH, PhD, was quoted in a Reuters article discussing new evidence showing that certain breast cancers can recur, even decades after treatment.
• Gehr Center releases application for the 2018 Gehr Summer Student Innovators program.
• Congratulations to Gehr student Jennifer Perdomo who was one of the winners for the 2017 California Medical Association-Network of Ethnic Physicians Organization Poster Session Competition for her project on addressing medication non-compliance among Latino patients.
• Gehr Center faculty member Rusha Modi, MD, MPH explains how stomach ulcers form in this TedEd talk.
• The Gehr Center’s Michael Hochman, MD, MPH publishes a book review on Health Systems Science.
• Consumer reports piece on overuse of medications quotes Gehr Center director Michael Hochman, MD, MPH.
• Former New York State Health Commissioner to speak at the Gehr Center January 11, 2018. See details here.