The Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science and Innovation
Thank you for visiting us!
Our mission is to help collaborating health systems deliver better, more efficient care, and to learn about the science of health care delivery in the process. We are grateful for the opportunity to conduct this important work thanks to the generosity of Mr. Norbert Gehr, a successful businessman who supported us to start the Center.
• In a Health Affairs blog piece, Gehr Center faculty Michael Hochman, along with other colleagues, calls for a “public option” to facilitate health information exchange.
• A new Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Gehr faculty member Susanne Hempel highlights the need for future research on energy intake and expenditures.
• Gehr student Andrea Banuelos Mota’s article describing the challenges of medication compliance for Latino patients with diabetes was featured by La Opinion.
• The Gehr Center is enthusiastic to join forces with the USC Center for Health System Innovation (CHSI), forming the USC Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science and Innovation. We welcome the new team members, including Carol Peden, MD, MPH, who will serve as the Gehr Center’s director of innovation. For further details, see the announcement.
• KPCC-FM’s “Take Two” interviewed Gehr student Andrea Banuelos Mota on her recent study on medication barriers for Latinos. (Andrea’s segment starts at 30:45)