The Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science and Innovation
Thank you for visiting us!
Our mission is to help collaborating health systems deliver better, more efficient care, and to learn about the science of health care delivery in the process. We are grateful for the opportunity to conduct this important work thanks to the generosity of Mr. Norbert Gehr, a successful businessman who supported us to start the Center.
- In a new research paper in the Journal of Cancer Education, Gehr faculty Barbara Turner and her team describe the challenges of educating clinicians about hepatitis C screening among baby boomers.
- An HSC news article highlights the work of the Gehr Center’s Todd Schneberk at the Keck Human Rights clinic.
- Millions of Americans have not only lost their jobs, but their insurance during the COVID-19 Pandemic. In this Op-Ed published in the Center for Health Journalism, Dr. Sonali Saluja and students from Keck discuss the consequences of rising uninsurance, advocate for universal insurance coverage and suggest some short term policy solutions to help curb the problem.
- Gehr student Will Mehring has published a Journal of General Internal Medicine case report in the Gehr Center’s new COVID-19 self-assessment application. As described in an accompanying press release, the application has now been used by almost 450,000 individuals wordwide.
- A new study published in the journal Healthcare highlights the Keck School of Medicine’s new health policy curriculum – which was developed by the Gehr Center team. The article was led by Gehr student Surabhi Reddy.
- A Gehr research report in the Journal of General Internal Medicine documents the rapid increase in telehealth services at Keck Medicine of USC in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Gehr Center team led a webinar on the Keck School of Medicine’s COVID-19 evidence-based summary – which is available on Keck’s coronavirus website (link on right of screen).