The Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science and Innovation
Thank you for visiting us!
Our mission is to help collaborating health systems deliver better, more efficient care, and to learn about the science of health care delivery in the process. We are grateful for the opportunity to conduct this important work thanks to the generosity of Mr. Norbert Gehr, a successful businessman who supported us to start the Center.
- The new edition of the Royal College of Anaesthetists Quality and Audit Compendium, on which the Gehr Center’s Carol Peden, BSc, MB ChB, MD, FRCA, FFICM, FFMLM, MPH is the senior editor, launched yesterday. This free to download book is used around the world.
- With the threat of COVID-19, immigration detention may be a death sentence. A powerful piece by the Gehr Center’s Drs. Todd Schneberk and Jeniffer Kim.
- A Keck School of Medicine feature article highlights the Gehr’s Center’s COVID-19 patient self-assessment tool, as well as a research written about the tool led by Gehr student Will Mehring.
- In a new research paper in the Journal of Cancer Education, Gehr faculty Barbara Turner and her team describe the challenges of educating clinicians about hepatitis C screening among baby boomers.
- An HSC news article highlights the work of the Gehr Center’s Todd Schneberk at the Keck Human Rights clinic.