The Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science and Innovation
Thank you for visiting us!
Our mission is to help collaborating health systems deliver better, more efficient care, and to learn about the science of health care delivery in the process. We are grateful for the opportunity to conduct this important work thanks to the generosity of Mr. Norbert Gehr, a successful businessman who supported us to start the Center.
- Two enduring CME modules, Home BP Telemonitoring and Pharmacist on the Care Team to Improve Hypertension Control and Undiagnosed Hypertension: Hiding in Plain Sight were created by Michael Hochman, MD and Alissa Maier, MPH to train health system leaders on emerging best practices for hypertension identification and management.
- The Gehr Center’s Evidence-Based Practice Center team, led by Susanne Hempel, PhD, has published an evidence synthesis to guide resource allocation during the COVID-19 pandemic, for the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- Anesthesiology news has featured work by the Gehr Center’s Carol Peden to develop practical approaches for protecting cognitive function among older adults undergoing surgery.
- The Gehr Center’s new medical student health policy curriculum, led by Sonali Saluja, MD, MPH, has met a warm reception with Keck students.
- The California Healthcare Foundation has profiled the Gehr Center’s COVID-19 patient self-assessment tool, which has now been used by more than half a million people worldwide.