The Gehr Family Center for Health Systems Science
Thank you for visiting us!
Our mission is to help collaborating health systems deliver better, more efficient care, and to learn about the science of health care delivery in the process. We are grateful for the opportunity to conduct this important work thanks to the generosity of Mr. Norbert Gehr, a successful businessman who supported us to start the Center.
• Gehr faculty, along with partners from John Snow, Inc., published an AHRQ environmental scan examining the role of primary care providers in preventing hospital readmissions.
• Gehr faculty member Michael Cousineau to debate Lanhee Chen on March 27, 2019 about whether or not healthcare is a right.
• Keck medical student Lisa Shue, along with Gehr faculty member Sonali Saluja, MD, MPH, published a blog piece for the LA County Medical Association highlighting the variation in care for undocumented immigrants throughout California. Shue conducted this project as part of the Gehr summer student program.
• A new analysis by Gehr faculty member Michael Cousineau describes the barriers to care faced by survivors of childhood cancer.
• Sonali Saluja, MD, MPH, calls for focusing on health insurance for children, rather than building a border wall, in an Oped for The Medical Care Blog.